Thursday, January 7, 2010

Greenish Warbler ???














Sometimes I feel that chucking the DSLR for a compact was a wrong move. The ‘megazoom prosumer’ that I am using does a wonderful job most of the time, it’s three times lighter and doesn’t make a sound and can fit in my waist pouch with its 400mm lens, but I do remember the times when the focus used to lock on a subject through a tangle of twigs.


This nostalgia was brought forth by a bird that we have started seeing these days .

It is tiny and fast and notoriously camera shy . If this bird is one which I think it is, it reminds me of Lao Tsu. It is so perfectly ordinary and extra ordinary at the same time. I think it is a greenish warbler, maybe, it is not.




3 comments:

  1. Vikram, Rahul Rao once told me that warblers can be identified only if one compbines calls and physical description. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW Happy New Year and a wonderful 2010! When do we meet again?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you should also post the back shot for a better id..
    Check orientalbirding or some of the birding websites. At times it is easier to compare with existing photos than with paintings found in inskipp.

    ReplyDelete